Chesters, The Seat of Mrs N. G. Clayton
An original very early issue of Country Life magazine dated February 17th 1912 featuring a main article on Chesters at Humshaugh in Northumberland, the Seat of Mrs N. G. Clayton. A house built in 1777 for John Errington and enlarged and improved by the Architect Richard Norman Shaw in 1891 for Mr N. G. Clayton. The last important domestic project completed by Shaw before he retired. Containing a five page write up with black and white photograph illustrations of the house (interior and exterior), gardens and ground floor plan. This issue is in very good condition with a lovely portrait frontispiece of Lady Rosabelle Bingham. Rare.
Publish Date: 17th February 1912
Illustrator: Country Life