The Assembly Rooms in Bath, History, Restoration and Re-opening

Original Country Life magazine dated October 22nd 1938 featuring a main article on The Assembly Rooms in Bath, Their History, Resoration and Re-opening. Built in 1769-71 from designs by John Wood. This issue contains a five page comprehensive write up on the history of The Assembly Rooms with black and white photograph illustrations of the building and restoration works completed by the Bath Corporation under the supervision of Mr Mowbray Green including images of exterior from Bennett Street, interior, rooms and furnishings. This magazine is in very good condition with a portrait frontispiece of Lady Ravensdale at the meet of The Quorn at Eye Kettleby near Melton Mowbray.

Publish Date: 22nd October 1938

County: Somersetshire

Illustrator: Country Life