The Abbey House, Glastonbury
Antique pencil drawing on paper of The Abbey House in Glastonbury, Somerset, from a collection of drawings by Charles Greenwood and Frederick Peake, produced between 1840-1850. This one inscribed 'The Abbey, Glastonbury'. A view of the abbey house amongst trees and with lawn in the foreground. Pencil with some white watercolour. Good condition (see images). Size 26 x 16cm.
Abbey House was built to the east of Glastonbury Abbey as a gentlemen's residence. In the 1930's the house became a house of retreat.
Publish Year: Ca. 1840
Illustrator: C. J Greenwood / Frederick Peake