Howth Castle, the Seat of Mr Julian Gaisford St. Lawrence
An original issue of Country Life magazine dated July 1st 1916 featuring a main article on Howth Castle, the Seat of Mr J. Gaisford St. Lawrence. Howth belonged to the St. Lawrence family since the 12th century, it was significantly altered by Lord Howth in 1738 and then in 1910 modernised further by Sir Edwin Lutyens. With an eight page write up including black and white photographic illustrations of castle interior and plans, grounds and gardens. This issue is in good condition (a few minor tears to front and back pages) with a portrait frontispiece of Lady Chesham.
Publish Date: 1st July 1916
Illustrator: Country Life